|Clarissa took her entire nap in this position yesterday.|
- that I asked Steve to work from home today, because I am concerned about the sloppy, windy, snowstorm that is bringing dangerous driving conditions along with it. And because I want to have a daytime fire on a snowy day. I do worry about him driving in yucky weather; and it's perfectly acceptable for him to work from home. But really I want a fire.
|This beautiful book came in the mail yesterday. It was a surprise gift from my sister's friend, Gwen. I didn't even know she was a reader of the blog. It really made my day. Thanks Gwen!|
- that I love coffee, but I love coconut milk coffee creamer more. If we end up bankrupt and homeless, it's probably because I spent all our money on coconut milk coffee creamer.
|Clarissa perched on the couch.|
- that I have let Veronica and Clarissa watch a lot of tv lately. They used to watch an hour or two a week. For the last week, or so, it's been closer to an hour a day. I blame the very cold weather (there were a few days when it was dangerously cold outside). I blame my unfocused, anxiety-filled brain (it's easier to worry, when the kids aren't underfoot or fighting with each other). I blame my back pain, and the stupor that Vicodin puts me in (seriously, Vicodin makes me a zombie). Those things are all true, but I've really just become reliant on the tv as a babysitter, so I can do chores, without interruption.
|Veronica is totally zonked, but she looks like she's pretending to sleep.|
- that I haven't been posting many recipes lately, because much of my time in the kitchen has been devoted to testing cookie recipes for the book. If I'm being truly honest, I just want to eat cookies, more than I want to eat anything else. Plus I don't want to go grocery shopping, so I've had a meager, mostly empty pantry to work from. A dismal pantry means cooking meals hasn't been very inspiring.
- that I am smitten with the new Vine app, for sharing super-short videos. Also, for once in my life, I don't want to be the last person to catch on to something new and trendy. There. I said it. I've never been stylish and up-to-date, when it comes to fashion. I'm the last person to watch the hip, must-watch tv shows and movies (I didn't start watching Sex and the City until several months after it ended). As a blogger, I was really late to the Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter games. So I'm on Vine. My videos aren't exciting. I have almost no followers. But just a day or two after it came out, I was on board. You can check out my videos under the username Sandra Kohlmann.
Lastly, a non-confession, desperate plea: would you mind voting for me, again today? I've slipped further down the list and want to be sure I stay in the top 25. It's just a quick click. No need to register for anything. Just click once a day, until Feb 7th. Thanks a million!